Day 7

 Day 7..from a list


From a list of obscure Gods, a new story 


"Saehrimnir, the boar, is boiled! The best of bacons!”


Saehriminir's unsacrifice


In a butcher's travesty of the myth of resurrection

each night the pig god is reborn, 

to be killed again,

fattened on blood and acorns.


But I am tired of this Edda,

cross reference 

this myth with another

I call on the godsaint of lost causes,


petition Cardea, goddess of hinges

to open the quantum oak of the door to Valhalla -

let this sacrifice escape into the ever forest -

her mouth shuts, the door closes.


Petition Terminus, the God of mileposts

to let me pass, petition Kalfu

haunter of intersections, to let me cross

or Tlazolteotl to eat the bones.


Petition the nameless god of placeholders

to hold the sky in my stead.

To feed the hungry at the feast

the cloud will be danced in from the hills.


I run through the obscure dark of old trees-

in the pantheon of lesser gods one less.

I'm happy to append this list,

I am the thing that lives.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 27 ..2

NaPowrimo Day 6

Day 29