NaPoWriMo Day 14

 day 14

film
The cameraman will adjust the gimbal -
level and always perfectly in balance,
no matter what the movement.
The grips and the best boys ply
their trades- whatever they are, I never know-
someone assembles a dolly track
for the long shot, constant and unblinking.

In the event of arson,
film burns with a strange intensity,
almost magnesium white.
The director assembles scene after scene
in his head. He is more or less my god
though I'll never know him. I want
all the green screens and the cgi,

I want exploding starships -
I don't get them. In the drabness,
one critic opines, we see ourselves
realer than real. The lead actor conveys emotions
with the dilation and small flicker
of his eyes. The camera translates my soul,
yet here I am, not even born yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 27 ..2

NaPowrimo Day 6